Maybe you are looking to develop a restaurant finder app; that’s why you are here. There is no sense in asking that – Do you know how to develop a restaurant finder app? You will be shocked to learn that to create your restaurant finder mobile application, first, you only need to have an idea that works fine. Making any app requires much more idea generation. Here you will build the app that worldwide food lovers are using.
There is a massive response to the restaurant finder app development by the users for personal use and the restaurant-oriented business owners to generate good revenue. Moreover, it facilitates food lovers to find a restaurant where they can spend quality time with their friends or loved ones, including enjoying their favorite food.
Although food is one of the requirements of every individual, it may be possible that you are enjoying something tasty on your plate while reading this article. On the other hand, dining out is one of the millions of people’s hobbies or favourite pastimes. They used to look at the restaurant where they could sit and peacefully enjoy the food dish.
The days are gone when you need to search from corner to corner to find anything. Instead, due to technological evolution, the smartphone appeared as one of the boons that help us in various tasks.
So, there is no doubt that due to the development of the restaurant finder app, it is straightforward to find the restaurant at your nearby location. No matter where you are—at the market, a college, or some other city in this world, you can use the restaurant app.
There are several apps on the Google Play Store and Apple App store where you can find a suitable one. But when it comes to developing an unique app, you need to take care of several things to stand out from the crowd. So we have created this blog to help you how to develop a restaurant finder app. Concept similar to a food delivery app.
Before diving deep for more information about restaurant finder app development, let’s check some exciting stats about the food and restaurant delivery industry. The stats we will read depict the industry’s growth, including the forecast.
Key Stats About Food and Restaurant Delivery Industry
- In 2021, 67% of USA users used the Restaurant app for food delivery.
- During Pandemics(in 2020), 53% of adults (Aged 18-29 ) ordered food online through an app.
- Use of third-party apps rose to 37% in United Kindom during the year 2021.
- In 2021, Zomato was downloaded 45 million times.
- The food & Drink segment’s revenue is projected to reach $0.74 billion by 2022.
- The online food delivery segment is projected to reach $323.30 billion in 2022, and by 2027 it will be US$466.20 billion with an annual growth rate(2022-2027) of 7.60%.
- By 2027, the number of users using the online food delivery segment is projected to reach 2613.2 million.
The above is all about the stats that you need to look at while thinking about–
How do I Develop A Restaurant Finder App?
You can find the answer to it by accessing this blog’s upcoming section.
The Crucial Steps To Develop An Unique Restaurant Finder App
Because of the tough competition in the market, mobile apps have emerged as an excellent tool for businesses irrespective of what platform they are based on, for instance, Android or iOS. However, developing a unique restaurant table booking app would be the best idea to go through a step-by-step procedure. So, let’s have a look at these.
Step 1: Evaluate the Competition
You’ll need to assess the competition to create a successful restaurant finder app. Who else is providing a similar service? What are they doing well? What could be improved? How can your app stand out from the crowd? Consider what it will offer that other apps don’t or what customers might want it for (e.g., food allergies).
Ask yourself: What problem does my restaurant finder app solve? And what does this customer want? Write down all these thoughts on paper so you can clearly understand what your restaurant finder app should look like.
Step 2: Identify Users’ Pain Points
Most of the users switch to another app due to its discrepancies. Due to the app’s incompatibility with real-time results, finding a vacant table at a restaurant is often very difficult. Here, you can win the game if you provide a solution that works on a real-time basis. The app must be engaging and provide solutions to the users for whom they are searching for a new restaurant finder app.
To develop a restaurant finder app that will be successful, you need to identify the pain points of your target users. What are they looking for in a restaurant table booking app? What features would make their life easier? Once you understand your users’ needs, you can start thinking about how to address them.
Step 3: Specify Features
Before starting the development process, you must sit down and think about what features you want your app to have. Here are some features to consider for your restaurant finder app:
- A search function that allows users to find restaurants near them
- The ability to view restaurant menus
- Having the ability to make reservations
- Check out other diners’ reviews
- Push notifications for special deals or events
- Integration with social media platforms
Once you have a good idea of the features you want, it’s time to start looking for a mobile app development company that can help bring your vision to life.
Step 4: Select a platform, such as Android, iOS, or Web.
In order to develop a restaurant finder app, you will need to hire android app developers or IOS app developers. Suppose you want the app to be available on multiple platforms. In that case, you will need to hire a react native app development company. Once you have determined the platform, you must decide what features you want the app to have.
Some features may include GPS tracking, push notifications, and integration with social media platforms. After you have determined the features, you will need to find an on-demand app development company that can help you bring your vision to life. Many of these companies can provide apps for restaurant services for iPhone and Android devices.
Step 5: Select a Technology Stack
The design and development of the app depend on the tech stack, which depends on the platform you have chosen for restaurant finder app development. Usually, the tech stack contains the tools and technology required to create the front end, back end, and establish the database.
It might be a question for many people who are interested in developing a mobile app for a restaurant; if anyone has a question in mind –
What kind of tech stack is required to develop a restaurant finder app?
Then you would like to read the following interesting information.
- Programming Languages: Kotlin, Java, Swift, Objective-C, Flutter
- Toolkit: Android Studio, Android Development Tools, Apple Xcode
- Software development kit (SDK): Android SDK, iOS SDK, Flutter SDK
- Back-end development: PHP, Java, Python
- Cloud & Servers: AWS (Amazon Web Services), Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure
- Database: MySQL, MongoDB, Postgre
- Geolocation: Google Places API, Google Maps API, Apple Maps API
- Payment methods: Stripe, Braintree, PayPal
- Push notifications: Firebase, Twilio
- Analytics: Google Firebase, AppsFlyer, Mixpanel
Step 6: Quality Assurance & Testing
Millions of users will use your restaurant finder app, so it needs to be tested well before launching based on real-time conditions. While testing the app, you must ensure that it works as intended and that it must not have any bugs left after its launch.
To help maintain quality assurance, continue testing throughout the life cycle of your restaurant finder app. You can achieve this by analyzing data from various sources (such as user reviews) and using the results to determine which features should be prioritised for future updates.
If you have released an update but are still receiving negative feedback, don’t just ignore these complaints; consider them when planning future updates. For better app maintenance, you can take help from an experienced food delivery app development company.
Step 7: Market Your App and Monitor Its Performance
You’ve put in the hard work, and now it’s time to see if your app will succeed. For people to find your app, you need to promote it through different channels. You can start by creating a website and a blog to generate interest and buzz. Social media is also great for getting people to talk about your app.
Once you have people using your app, tracking its performance is essential to see what’s working and what needs improvement. There are several analytics tools available that can help you do this.
For the same, you need to promote your app and track its performance. Here are some tips on how to do both:
- Use social media platforms like Twitter and Facebook to create buzz about your app.
- Ensure your app is listed in all the major app stores, such as the App Store and Google Play.
- Use analytics tools, such as Google Analytics, to track how users are interacting with your app.
- Pay attention to user feedback and use it to improve the design and functionality of your app.
- Test different versions of your app and measure which one performs better before launching it globally.
How much does it cost to develop a restaurant app?
It is also one of the essential questions you need to ask while searching for a better option to develop a restaurant table booking app:
How much does it cost to make a restaurant app? Here are some points you need to remember regarding the cost.
- The cost of developing a restaurant finder app depends on various factors, including the features you want to include, the platform you want to build for, and the size of your team.
- There are some unique qualities that your app must have. For example, one of the most required functionality is GPS tracking. It showcases the location of a restaurant. Another crucial one is Push notifications, which inform users about new updates.
- Another critical factor is the platform on which you want to develop your app. iOS and Android are the most popular choices. Still, each has its own set of pros and cons.
- The size of your team also affects the cost of development. A larger team will be able to work more quickly, but it will also cost more money. The time spent on research, wireframing, user testing, design iteration, and deployment can also have an impact.
- Finally, there are other costs that you should consider when developing a restaurant finder app. For example: include hosting fees if you’re building an online version of your restaurant locator; marketing expenses; or SEO costs if you’re building an SEO-friendly website for people to access restaurant information from their desktop computers.
For simple understanding, an app can have two versions for the launch: a basic version and an app with advanced functionality. Both have their cost accordingly. For example, suppose you want to launch a restaurant finder app with basic features, then it may cost you around $20,000-$50,000. But if you launch an advanced app, its cost may reach upto $100,000.
The Final Thoughts
If you want to earn and generate revenue, then a restaurant finder app is the best idea. Millions of users like to book a table at a restaurant using these types of apps. It facilitates them with ease. All you need to do is make sure the app is robust, secure, has all the functionality users need, and is in line with the latest trends.
To create a fantastic restaurant finder app, you can consult an experienced on-demand app development services provider. They will suggest and help you to turn your app idea into a reality.
Naveen Khanna is the CEO of Ebizneeds, a company renowned for its bespoke mobile app development and web development in eCommerce app development and AI App development. Delivering high-end modern solutions all over the globe, Naveen takes pleasure in sharing his experiences and views on the latest technological trends.