Nowadays, Python development is reaching to the new heights of fame and has been dominating the world of web development. As per the Tiobe’s Programming Community Index for May 2021, Python is progressively growing in popularity and remains on the second position.
What is Python?
Python is a powerfully composed, high-performance, interpreted and interactive programming language. It is easy-to-learn and easy-to-use programming language which effectively minimizes development time. It includes easy syntax and powerful libraries that made it most preferred platform. Just like ASP.NET Web Development, Python is a flexible, simple yet elegant that can help you perform a variety of tasks including developing a web app, DevOps, and data structures. Apart from this it is also used with Machine Learning, Big Data, Artificial Intelligence and data mining by data scientists, researchers.
The popular brands that use python are Netflix, Instagram, Dropbox, etc. These websites demands high-performance as they process millions of user requests per day. Python Web Development Solutions assists these high-loading websites run faster and perform great.
What are Python Frameworks?
Python provides a wide scope of frameworks to developers. The Python frameworks can be divided in two parts – Full Stack Framework and Non-Full Stack Framework. The full-stack Python frameworks provide comprehensive support to developers such as form generators, form validation, and template layouts.
The frameworks are powerful, optimized, and efficient to make the application programming a lot easier. Python frameworks help reduce the development time by automating the redundant tasks. It handles a variety of pre-built functionalities such as processing input or managing hardware and system software. Moreover, frameworks help reduce the bugs, making it simpler to work with advanced technologies. They help automate a variety of redundant tasks and performance of basic solution and, developer gets more time to focus on the high-level functionalities and the logic instead of the general routine processes.
Python offers a wide range of frameworks and every framework has its own benefit depending on the varied needs of a project. Instead of writing the same code for every project, developers can reuse the ready-made components in the framework. You can hire Python developers to save a lot of time, effort and cost of a project.
Different Types of Python Web Frameworks
Python is an open-source platform and Python frameworks basically can be divided into three types
- Full-stack frameworks like Web2py and Pyramid,
- Microframework like Dash and CherryPy, and
- Asynchronous frameworks like Sanic and Growler
It provides the basic component structure for different web solutions including frontend, backend, and database. A full-stack framework is useful for developing a comprehensive solution with lots of features.
A micro-framework is a very light-weight and includes no additional features or functions. It is always recommended to use Micro-framework when you need to include huge quantities of code and extra specifications manually in your project.
It basically helps to manage a great range of concurrent links. It is mainly built for Python and it utilizes the Asyncio library.
CherryPy is a Micro framework and an open-source web application framework. It supports multiple platforms. Web applications developed using this framework runs smoothly on Windows, Unix, Linux, and macOS. The framework includes a multi-string web server, module framework, and arrangement framework. Moreover, it allows the simultaneous operation of multiple HTTP servers and provides another encoding, reservation, and approval instruments. You can develop web applications quickly and easily using this framework, saving you a lot of time and effort.
- It is simple to run multiple HTTP servers in one go.
- It is a robust configuration system for both developers and deployers as well.
- It is a flexible plug-in system.
- It offers in-built profiling, coverage, and testing support.
- You can run it on Python 2.7+, 3.5+, PyPy, Jython and Android
The pyramid is a Full-Stack framework and widely used Python frameworks. It aims to accomplish and build simple applications.
It is a good choice for both full and small applications that are of crucial importance in this context. In addition, there are a wide range of resources available with which you can expand its capability as per your need.
It also makes sure that access control records are created and screened. The Traversal framework of Pyramid is recommended for mapping coded URLs that allow developers to build RESTful APIs without effort.
- It facilitates flawless development of single-file applications.
- It allows extendable configuration.
- It offers alterable authentication and authorization.
Sanic is an Asynchronous and open-source python framework. It aims to provide fast HTTP responses by asynchronous request handling. It allows the use of the async and awaits syntax included in Python 3.5, which makes the code very simple, fast, and non-blocking. It offers an easy way to build, run, extend and scale the HTTP server. The popular brand GitHub is based on sanic Python framework.
- It offers plug-in support.
- It allows writing and reading cookies.
- It can create different types of logging like error log and access log.
Pylons is a Micro framework and an open-source web application framework written in Python. It uses the Web Server Gateway Standard extensively to make use the features like code reusable and divide functionality into different modules.
It is a scalable lightweight platform with which you can easily implement the modern web applications on a clean architecture. Its components are interconnected and show everything that is required to build web sites and web applications well with no magics. Pylons is a WSGI framework and a common protocol between the web servers and web applications.
- URL Dispatch
- It has text-based templating.
- It allows URL mapping based on routes configuration via WebHelpers.
- It includes HTML form generation and validation.
Turbo Gears is a data-driven full stack python framework, which is also open source. It needs very less configuration and aims to minimize the cons of other common web development frameworks.
Using Turbo Gears, developers can create data-rich web applications. It provides developers with an efficient platform to quickly build Web applications powered by data. Moreover, a single file application can be developed using this python framework.
- It provides great support for multiple databases.
- It facilitates multi-database transactions.
- It includes a powerful ORM.
- It has a pluggable architecture based on the WSGI specification.
- It has an in-built support for database sharding.
The Quixote micro-framework is an open-source, flexible and one of the highly-efficient python frameworks. With Quixote, you can build efficient web-based applications.
It helps developers use traditional methods of development. Quixote is currently available in 3 major versions. Its first two versions are similar but they are not consistent. The version 3 is known as Python 3. However, many websites are widely used in versions 2 and 3 under active maintenance.
- It helps developers to build open-source projects.
- It uses WSGI libraries.
- It supports Jinja 2 Templates.
- It allows traditional web development techniques.
Django is one of the high-level full stack python frameworks. It is free and open-source framework and it performs incredibly fast. Using Django framework, developers can work on complex codes and applications easily and seamlessly. Also, it uses creative designs to make the process of designing web applications simple.
Django is one of the most preferred and popular frameworks among python developers. It has big library portfolio and great features, such as authentication mechanism, content management, database schema migration, template engine and URL routing, etc.
Django supports multiple databases including PostgreSQL, Oracle, MySQL, and SQLite databases. This is the reason it is deployed in high-traffic websites and social media networks.
- It offers support for cookies, sessions, middleware, templates, etc.
- It includes some security features such as XSS prevention, CRSF prevention, etc.
- It works with almost all databases out there.
- It provides great support for Geographical data and spatial queries through GeoDjango.
Ray is a micro framework which is useful in creating RESTful APIs. It is fast and simple to build and perfect for running distributed applications. It offers in-built authentication assistance and great libraries which boosts learning and the development of deep learning. It protects HTTP techniques with shields and can run Python functions spread across multiple machines.
- It supports Query String.
- It acts as a shield for HTTP method.
- It is similar to backend server operations.
9. Cubic Web
Cubic Web is an open-source, full stack Python framework. Its excellent ability to create semantic web app, makes it stands apart from the rest of the frameworks. It allows reuse the components to create web apps speedily and more effectively, with the assistance of a database and a web server connection to several cubes.
It follows the object-oriented design theory and has an RQL which is a query language. Moreover, it includes a reusable components library which helps improve efficiency and reusability.
- includes reusable components.
- provides OWL and RDF Support.
- offers multiple database support.
- offers best security workflow.
Dash is basically designed solely for analytical web app development. Dash web apps are compatible with cross-platform applications.
Dash web applications include two parts just like front end and backend; one is a format that defines how the app appears and another is its functionality. ReactJS is at the front end of these apps.
It offers more personalization and helps develop Python dashboards easily including dropdowns, graphs, and sliders.
- It has basic UI low demand for Boilerplate Code.
- It includes LDAP integration.
- It is easy to adapt.
- It provides module Support.
Giotto is a full stack python framework which is based on the model, view, and control (MVC) system. It has great features such as free RESTful GUI, automatic URL routing and Jinja2 for API HTML templates.
Moreover, it has a controller module that allows users to build apps on the command line, web, and IRC with the help of provided forum. It includes an integrated cache which supports the long-term application of codes. It allows using the codes over longer periods.
- It has automatic and in-built URL routing.
- It comes with multiple pluggable controllers.
- Persistence of the database can be achieved using SQLAlchemy.
- It includes functional CRUD patterns.
- It makes available the RESTful interfaces.
WebCore is a nano-sized framework and is relatively smaller than other frameworks available in the market for web development. It is an easy-to-use framework which has a clean API and it has a separate model, view, and controller.
- It is easy to install.
- It is highly adaptable.
- It is developer’s friendly.
- It relies on Webob package.
Web2Py is an open-source and adaptable python framework. It has a personal IDE which provides a one-click tool, code editor and debugger. It supports multiple platforms including Unix/Linux, Windows, Mac, Amazon EC2, Google App Engine, etc. It has in-built modules to manage HTTP requests, cookies, reactions, and sessions. With the help of this framework, developers can build interactive web content and custom web applications easily.
- It provides protection against XSS, CSRF, and other attacks.
- It is a pleasant and consistent API.
Bobo is a lightweight, micro-framework which supports WSGI. It is designed to build web app easily, seamlessly and flawlessly. It gives a joyful experience to the developers and allows URL mapping to objects and calls objects to create HTTP responses. It uses the WSGI and WebOb libraries.
- It is a light-weight framework for developing WSGI web applications.
- It is easy to learn and remember.
- It includes features such as Mapping and URLs to objects.
Tornado is an open-source web framework. It has a non-blocking web server and an asynchronous networking library. It has the ability to perform a variety of functions and specifically runs asynchronous processes.
It can manage several open connections with a non-blocking I/O network. Therefore, it is recommended for WebSockets, long polling systems, and web applications, which need a long-lasting link for every user.
Additionally, it has an integrated HTTP server which allows the application to be served. It helps developers to develop high-performance and effective applications.
- It provides extensive support for localization and translation.
- It offers web templating techniques.
- It provides real-time services
- It ensures effective results.
Vibora is another popular python framework. It is specifically designed for productivity and includes various libraries, Jinja2, WebSockets, and Marshmallow. It is a very fast framework compared to other usual fameworks, and twice as fast as Sanic.
- It includes Auto Reloading.
- It provides HTTP2 Support.
- It supports Brotli (Server/Client).
- It has cython compiled templates.
It is one of Python’s most frequently used micro web frameworks to build web apps. It has one standard Python library and a single file module. It allows developers to work closer to their hardware. It is mainly recommended for building simple and personal applications.
- It has no external dependencies.
- It supports forms, headers, cookies, and file uploads.
- It has in-built web server which can be replaced easily.
Growler is inspired by Node.js and Express and it was written using the asyncio library. It specifically designed for building complex web applications. It supports various packages in the open- source. It has clearly defined codes and uses function decorators.
- It makes use of decorators to be able to write reusable and effective code.
- It includes Ziapp model to zip the application into the single executable file.
- It supports various open-source packages.
Now when we have discussed the major python frameworks with clarity and simplicity, you must have got developed the understanding of the Python framework and its features and can choose the most suitable for your project. However, if you still unsure about choosing a framework, Python Web Development Company can help you choose the right framework to build an impressive and outstanding web app.